Saturday, December 09, 2006

Improving Reading Comprehension.

Develop a broad background. Broaden your background knowledge by reading newspapers, magazines and books. Become interested in world events.

Create motivation and interest.Preview material, ask questions, discuss ideas with classmates. The stronger your interest, the greater your comprehension.

Pay attention to supporting cues.Study pictures, graphs and headings. Read the first and last paragraph in a chapter, or the first sentence in each section.

Highlight, summarize and review.Just reading a book once is not enough. To develop a deeper understanding, you have to highlight, summarize and review important ideas.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good piece! Kepp them coming!

Anonymous said...

Hello and greetings...
Well,it's the first time that I visit your web log.I was searching some information on the internet and accidenatly I entered your blog.It shows you are very interested in English.You know my major is english translation and I am in semester 3,of course I am finishing this semester and in God willing I'll be studying in semester 4.I love english.You know I'm looking for someone who I can talk to.I mean I need someone to talk english with.Of course the one whose english is good and perfect.I don't know you very well.I don't know how old are you or what field you are studying in.But I'll be very glad if you accept to talk english with me.I dont know maybe we can do this through chat or e-mail.You know,if we talk I'd like you to correct my mistakes and I will correct your mistakes as well.Sure we will have great conversations together.Please think about it.you'll make me happy.please don't let me down...
yours truly
Samaneh

Anonymous said...

Hi Samaneh, It was good to hear from u. plz drop your email adress here. Good luck

Anonymous said...

Nice post! Great ideas for the SAT especially. Happy reading!