Friday, June 30, 2006

How to answer and speak on the phone

Answering the phone
*Good morning/afternoon/evening, York Enterprises, Elizabeth Jones speaking.
*Who's calling, please?

Introducing yourself
*This is Paul Smith speaking.
*Hello, this is Paul Smith from Speakspeak International.


Asking for someone
*Could I speak to John Martin, please?
*I'd like to speak to John Martin, please.
*Could you put me through to John Martin, please?
*Could I speak to someone who …


Explaining
*I'm afraid Mr Martin isn't in at the moment.
*I'm sorry, he's in a meeting at the moment.
*I'm afraid he's on another line at the moment.

Putting someone on hold
*Just a moment, please.
*Could you hold the line, please?
*Hold the line, please.


Putting someone through
*One moment, please. I'll see if Mr Jones is available.
*I'll put you through.
*I'll connect you.
*I'm connecting you now.

Taking a message
*Can I take a message?
*Would you like to leave a message?
*Can I give him/her a message?
*I'll tell Mr Jones that you called
*I'll ask him/her to call you as soon as possible.

No comments: